How Susan’s Soaps & More Began . . .
Susan’s Soaps came about as a result of eczema I began experiencing on my hands and legs after the birth of my son, over 28 years ago. I had been to dermatologists, but nothing was helping a large patch of eczema on my leg.
One day I went into a natural skincare store and was sold a bottle of cream rinse which the salesperson mentioned that I could also use as a shaving cream. Several months later I realized that the patch of eczema was gone. It hit me how important it is what you put on your skin.
Earlier I had ordered a book on how to make soap, mainly because the pictures looked so yummy! I decided to give it a try. First for myself, then for gifts and finally for sale (at the urging of my local health food store owner.) I eventually added additional products and Susan’s Soaps & More was born.
. . . to Where Susan’s Soaps & More is today.
Today Susan’s Soaps & More is a home-based business that sells both retail and wholesale. I create aromatherapy soaps and skin care products for people who value natural, chemical & cruelty-free products that delight their senses.
I want the overall experience to be a balm to your spirit!
Read more about the vision for my brand here:
- 5 Things I Want You to Know About My Brand Identity Design
- I Make Amazing Products for an Awesome Sensory Experience!
My promise to you:
- I will never use synthetic fragrances, preservatives or colorants.
- I will never use animal fats or do animal testing.
- I will stand behind my products and always be upfront and honest in my dealings with you.
Sustainability and Eco-friendly products and packaging are also something I believe in both for myself and my company. You can read more about things I am doing in this area here: Why Sustainability Matters & 5 Ways I am Making Changes
Check out how I make soap!
6 More Facts You May or May Not Want to Know About Susan.
- I love to travel as you can see from the photo on the right. I have been to 4 of the 6 continents in the world.
- I am left-handed but the only things I really do with my left hand are eating and writing.
- I don’t have a middle name.
- I do have an MFA in advertising art from UNT in Denton, Texas and an MBA in Small Business Administration from UT Austin.
- I love living in the country because of the quiet, the open space and the sunsets.
- My products that I can’t do without are my Anti-aging Face Serum, my Body Oil, and my Lip Balm.
7 thoughts on “About Susan and Susan’s Soaps & More”
I bought your frankincense and myrrh body oil and I love it. Would like to buy more but can’t find on your web site. Hope you haven’t discontinued it.
I am sorry you are having trouble finding the Body Oil but so glad you have been enjoying it. We do still make the Frankincense & Myrrh and it is listed along with the other Body Oil Scents. Here is the direct link: https://www.susansoaps.com/shop/natural-body-oil/
For future reference you can find it under Body & Face > Natural Skin Care > Natural Body Oil.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Best, Susan
Ready to order I have 10 items in my cart and notice there maybe a discount code. May I have the code. Thank you
I sent you an email but maybe you missed it for some reason. We do not currently have any special offers with a discount code. However, if you signup for our newsletter it will email you a coupon code for 10% off.
I hope that helps and I look forward to receiving your order.
Can you ship to Canada Susan?
Saw you in our SEN Mastermind this morning – I would love to order from you!
Thanks for your interest and for reaching out. I used to ship internationally and then last year changed platforms and had not yet set it up. Give me a couple of days to sort out pricing and options and I will get back with you.
I have enabled shipping to Canada so it is possible now, but we only ship there via USPS Priority Mail.