How Susan’s Soaps & More Began . . .
Susan’s Soaps came about as a result of eczema I began experiencing on my hands and legs after the birth of my son, over 28 years ago. I had been to dermatologists, but nothing was helping a large patch of eczema on my leg. One day I went into a natural skincare store and was sold a bottle of cream rinse which the salesperson mentioned that I could also use as a shaving cream. Several months later I realized that the patch of eczema was gone. It hit me how important it is what you put on your skin.
Earlier I had ordered a book on how to make soap, mainly because the pictures looked so yummy! I decided to give it a try. First for myself, then for gifts and finally for sale (at the urging of my local health food store owner.) I eventually added additional products and Susan’s Soaps & More was born.
I have become a firm believer in the value of all-natural skincare & bath products as well as the value of essential oils used in these products. I use my own products on my skin and hair and have now since the inception of my business 20 years ago. My products have helped me as well as many friends and customers have better looking and feeling skin. I sincerely believe that they can help you too. I look forward to serving you as a customer.
. . . to Where Susan’s Soaps & More is today.
Today Susan’s Soaps & More is a home-based business that sells both retail and wholesale. Anyone who values quality skincare products made with all-natural ingredients is someone who will enjoy my products.
My promise to you:
- I will never use synthetic fragrances, preservatives or colorants
- I will never use animal fats or do animal testing.
- I will stand behind my products and always be upfront and honest in my dealings with you.
Sustainability and Eco-friendly products and packaging are also something I believe in both for myself and the company. Visit this page; Why Sustainability Matters & 5 Ways I am Making Changes to find more.
Susan’s Soaps & More – products that provide an experience beyond just skincare.
Check out a look at how I make soap!
6 More Facts You May or May Not Want to Know About Me.
- I love to travel as you can see from the photo on the right. I have been to 4 of the 6 continents in the world.
- I am left-handed but the only things I really do with my left hand are eating and writing.
- I don’t have a middle name.
- I do have an MFA in advertising art from UNT in Denton, Texas and an MBA in Small Business Administration from UT Austin.
- I love living in the country because of the quiet, the open space and the sunsets.
- My can’t do without products that I make are my Anti-aging Face Serum , my Body Scrubs and my Lip Balm.